I’ve lived an amazing life, filled with lots of adventures, challenges, and lessons. I’m still learning, still discovering…the journey is still on-going. However, I want to share with you a few things I’ve picked up along the way in this blog titled “Advice for the Modern Woman – Part 1.”
For women in their 20’s:
- Start developing your sexiness, pay attention to everything, learn to be humble and gracious, go out and befriend men and women of all ages (old people, middle age, and the young ones)
- Learn about yourself, what makes you tick, and work on releasing that and become less self-conscious.
- Learn to be cool, calm and collected.
- Date as much as you want.
- Stay with one guy for years if you fancy him even when you know he’s not the one… You have plenty of time. This is your womanhood education. You owe this to yourself.
- Those of you who find a ‘soul mate’ that makes sense for you, great — good for you.
- Experience everything that comes your way. Never turn down an opportunity to try something new.
- Start planning ahead and set goals for your 30’s. Your 20’s go by very fast!
For women in 30’s:
- Do not waste your time with men who cannot upgrade you. It just doesn’t work if you are the most capable one coz most men need to lead and be adored. In order to adore a man, he better have a portfolio worth adoring.
- Do not waste time with those who don’t invest in you. By investing in you, you know exactly what I mean.
- Have them invest in you with their advice, connections, presents, business ideas … to help you.
- Your time is the most precious thing anyone can take away from you, b/c it can never be returned. And if and when he’s gone, this will be the soft cushion of remembrance to fall into.
- You are the most important thing to yourself. When you are happy and well taken care of by yourself, everyone around you will be happy and want to be around you.
- Only men who invest in you big time will have harder time to let you go.
- Be confident in who you are and trust in your decisions.
- Celebrate yourself, forgive yourself, embrace all you who have become.
For all women:
- Find a mentor! Someone who will be your protector when/if shit hits the fan. Find your 50 Cent! 🙂 (yes, I mean the rapper, w/out having to be the rapper).
- Not everyone is lucky to have a father/brother/family member in a high position whose one phone call will help you deal with assholes.
- Find someone who is already where you want to be, who has a good reputation, and built a great rapport with that person.
- This person (male or female) can open many doors for you. Why? b/c that’s just the way it is in life.
- A mentor will open the door for you just like you will do the same for someone younger coming up behind you, once you make it.
- Mentoring comes naturally to up and coming men, as they are often backed up by already established successful men.
- Women generally don’t do this. We are still dealing with jealousy issues as we fight for our own place to toughen up our position in the universe of men’s world.
- Don’t be afraid to tell people and men especially how they hurt you when they do. You need to educate those who do something bad, in hopes that they will not do it again. Hopefully, you’ll run into a great guy for yourself who will already be ‘educated’ and ready for you that someone else invested in and educated.
- You don’t have to be a bitch and yell, you can tell everyone who misbehaved via email, text or in person in a peaceful manner that they did you wrong. And let go. God knows I was humble so many times and kept quiet, not wanting to cause any additional commotion. But then I realized if you don’t say it, you will hurt more. Write your ‘educational letter’ after a couple of weeks/months when the explosion’s settle down, coz before you won’t be heard anyways. By this time they will forget all about it, but that’s why they will hear you better.
- I believe everyone should be responsible for shit they do to others personally, and human soul should be accounted for.
- It’s up to them to decide whether to learn from it and upgrade themselves towards becoming a better person, or stay on the same level where you left them.
Leave a Reply
Powered by Facebook Comments